Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny

I want to rush right out and buy this for my my friends, a couple--one a musician and the other a poet.  It inspired and moved me.  Louise Penny has quickly become one of my favorite authors.  In fact, I keep telling folks that my first retirement trip is going to include a literary tour of Quebec following the Inspector Gamache books.  I just hope I can find Three Pines (or something like it!).

Finally Three Pines is spared a murder!  This mystery takes place at monastery of Saint-Gilbert-Entre-les-Loups.  A monastery hidden from view for centuries and recently come to public attention through the making of a CD of Gregorian Chants.  But, success breeds dissent and hence Gamache and Jean-Guy Beauvoir go together to investigate the murder of one of the monks.

The secondary plots of the series are nicely developed as well.

Take a day or two to savor this one (and maybe put some Gregorian Chants on as you read)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would this be a good series for Myles?
Dawn