Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grave Sight, by Charlaine Harris

I've reviewed this on my Good Reads site. Why I keep two different "reader" sites I don't know. My ED-TECH friends say that each venue (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) have their own group of devotees. So, I'll keep two different sites active. I discovered that for some reason I can't copy my Good Reads review and paste it here.

So--back to Grave Sight. Harris is the author of the Sookie Stackhouse series about the Southern bar maid who falls in love with a vampire. In the world created by Harris Vampires are legal. The HBO series True Blood is based on her series.

The new "Harper Connelly" series is about another Southern Belle. This time Harper was struck by lightening as a teen and now she is able to "find" the missing dead and relive their last moments on earth. The plot lines and characters are lighter that Iris Johansen's books. I'm not running out to pick up the next book in the series. But, if it appeared on my bookshelf or kitchen counter I'd pick it up to read. Good beach or pool side reading.

Three stars

No comments: