Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Unquiet, by John Connolly

This is a private investigator series book that steps outside of the traditional. I jumped in mid-series (always a confusing place to start) and am not absolutely certain of what Charlie Parker's actual status is. (I could easily enjoy the book without certain knowledge of the previous content.) It appears that Parker has some extra-normal abilities that sometimes interfere with is detective work. I enjoyed the writing so much that I am going to return to the beginning and work through the series.

The setting is new to me--Maine. I'm working for a publisher in that state right now, so it interests me. I've been to New York and Long Island, but never further north. I'll be eager to explore when I have some travel time.

Unfortunately reading the series is going to be a slow process. Work is piling up!

No comments: