I've let my "fantasy" reading slack off a bit. It was good to get back and this collection of short stories was a good starting place. Each author's story is prefaced with a brief biography and a catalogue of his/her works. If I follow up on these various authors I'll finish off the summer reading fantasy. (Ah--but my stack of books "to read" does not include much fantasy. I guess I'll just need to buy some and add them to the stack. Of my favorites in this collection:
- "Holly and Iron" by Garth Nix (I haven't really read Nix, although I know he is popular. This may prompt me into an exploration of his works.)
- "Color Vision" by Mary Rosenblum (A new author to me. This is another collection to add to my stack.)
- "Naming Day" by Patricia A. McKillip
- "Winter's Wife" by Elizabeth Hand (Wonderful! Great balance of realistic/fantasy and important environmental considerations.
- "A Diorama of the Infernal Regions, or the Devil's Ninth Question" by Andy Duncan
- "Stone Man" by Nancy Kress
- "Stonefather" by Orson Scott Card