Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dexter in the Dark, by Jeff Lindsay

Confession: I'm hooked on the Showtime series Dexter. I was also a fan of Six Feet Under. I don't think I'm macabre. Exploring the point of view of someone who is much, much! different from me is intriguing.

For Christmas my family gave me this book. I didn't know that Dexter was based on a series of existing novels. So, now in a ridiculous methodology I'm about to finish the 3rd book in the series and then return to the first. So far I'm impressed and still reading. The book would be great for any young or beginning writer to explore for the development of voice. There hasn't been graphic violence so far. Even the descriptions of murder scenes are not particularly troublesome.

I'll keep you posted as I read the remainder of the books.

No comments: