Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Star Island, by Carl Hiaasen

The Governor and Jim Tile are at it again!  This time Hiaasen takes on pop music and real estate developers.  If you haven't read any of the books in this series I strongly recommend starting at the beginning.  It will be difficult to fully understand many of the character and plot twists if you do not have the history of these two characters.

Hiaasen generally writes amusing and slightly outrageous tales set in Florida.  That's true of this book as well.  The governor's antics are somewhat predictable, but still amusing.  This is a good book for relief from high-stress weeks.  It will offer diversion and a few chuckles.  I've added "ecology" as a tag because of the Governor's choice of "residence" and his mission.

This is definitely an adult book.  I don't think I would probably mention it in schools.  (Does that make it a guilty pleasure for me?) 

No comments: