Friday, November 12, 2010

The Supernaturalist, by Eoin Colfer

Colfer is know for his series, Artemis Fowl. He has a number of other YA books using a variety of settings and themes. This is a science fiction/future distopia book. It's peopled with Mad Max automobile undergrounds, mad scientists, pollution, genetic experiments, and evil corporations.I had some difficulty getting into the book and may have put it down if I hadn't been listening to it in the car. The supernaturalists are a small group of young adults and children working together to protect the world from some sort of supernatural beings that seem to "steal" the life from wounded or ill people. These beings are invisible to almost all, except some who have had near death experiences or some of the genetically modified citizens.

However, as I listened further I became more interested. I don't think I would use it as a whole class novel, but I would recommend it to sci-fi readers.

No comments: