Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Broken Window, by Jeffery Deaver (2009)

Deaver is, indeed, one of America's most gripping detective fiction writers. Although I had lots of work I should have been doing, I ended up sitting in the backyard today finishing the book. The digital world is appearing more and more frequently in fiction and in this book Deaver has wound it together with data mining and homeland security. At the end of the book he offers a list of organizations that are attempting to preserve privacy rights. I will probably be visiting them in the next few days.

Other than the mention of rapes (no graphic details) this book could be used as a classroom recommendation. I doubt that it would serve as a whole group read, except perhaps in a technology or business course.

No comments: