Thursday, November 20, 2008

Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik

Throne of Jade (Temeraire, Book 2) Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
This was a reading accident. I download audio books to my smart phone and this was on the library's website. I went through a "dragon" phase about 6 years ago and decided to go ahead and listen to it. It was surprising. I hadn't read the first book so I started this cold and had to figure out the context. That wasn't too bad, but it would be a good idea to go back and read the first.



I'm definitely appreciating the historical perspective. I need to read up a bit on this period in China. I don't remember there being much of a French presence. Using fiction to explore history is a great idea. But, I worry that if authors don't get the facts right they may be creating misinformation in reader's minds.


View all my reviews.

No comments: